Your itinerary will be worked out between yourself and our local guide in Amsterdam. They are extremely knowledgeable and highly resourceful — trust us! Your tour doesn't need to be a walking tour, as we have access to vehicles and buses if needs be, so the world is your oyster (or at least Amsterdam and the surrounding area is, in this case!). Whatever you are looking to do that is within our Responsible Travel charter, we can organise it for you.
We offer a wide range of options for your Custom Amsterdam tour. Here are just a few ideas:
- A boat ride for up to five people on a local canal tin boat. Basic two-hour trip: EUR 50 per group.
- A shopping and dining experience with visits to Amsterdam’s boutique shops and centres. Starts at EUR 45 per person for three hours (food not incl. in this quote).
- A visit to the windmills and local villages with local transportation (avoid the tour buses!). This basic tour can last as long as you want. Cost, including entrance fees and transport, starts at EUR 55 per person
- An ethnic food tour of Asian, South American, and Middle Eastern treats. Cost starts at EUR 35 per person for three hours.
- A ½ day beer tour to local breweries with local transportation. Cost starts at EUR 80 per group.
* Please note that the above options are in addition to the tour’s base fee.
The base fee for a walk/bike/bus tour experience ranges from EUR 40 to EUR 240, depending on length and type of tour and number of people.
For private driving tours, base fees start at EUR 175 for a 2-hour tour for groups of 6 or fewer. Additional costs may be included in the final quote depending on your requests for stops for food and drinks, museum admissions, etc.
* Please note we do not pre-book museum tickets for guests, however, we do provide drop-off and pick-up from museums, depending on your request.
We can accommodate any size group and pricing varies based on your group size, length of tour, and mode of transportation.
All you need to do to get your bespoke private tour organised is to choose your desired tour date. Use the booking function on this page for this request, and choose the number of passengers in your group. In the additional request box, include the information you think will be helpful in organising your tour. No payment is required to make an initial Custom Amsterdam tour inquiry.
As soon as we receive your inquiry (during normal office hours or at the next earliest point), we will contact you by email or, for those who leave a Netherlands phone number, we will give you a call and begin the process to organize your perfect stay in Amsterdam. Then, to secure your desired date and time of the tour, we'll ask for a non-refundable deposit.
Once your itinerary and quote is all confirmed, we will deduct the deposit from the final quote. We can arrange all final payments and terms during the planning stages of your private Amsterdam tour.
Inclusions: We will work with you to include whatever you need in accordance with your wishes and budget.
Exclusions: You’ll discuss what will be included in your tour with your local guide. Exclusions will simply be anything outside of the inclusions you've agreed upon. Note that we cannot include admission to the Anne Frank House.
Dress standard: Be aware of North Holland’s ever-changing weather conditions. It is possible to be rained on during outdoor activities. Be prepared for all events to run regardless of weather - have your group dress accordingly, and bring along proper additional attire.
Confirmation of booking: We will be in touch with you by email or phone to go through your tour options with you. All details and pricing will be worked out with you during that conversation. Nothing is booked before that point.
Additional Information: To secure your desired date and time of tour, we’ll need a non-refundable deposit. Note that the deposit amount will vary depending on the options you select for your private tour. We will discuss this with you once you’ve made your initial inquiry. This deposit will then be deducted from your tour once you come to pay for it in total.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour, depending on the activities chosen. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at a rate to be determined once your tour itinerary is confirmed. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.