Celebrate the local foodie culture of South Melbourne on our 4.5-hour walking tour! With your local host and an intimate group of 8 people or fewer, you’ll discover the best of the bustling South Melbourne Market. Learn about the local gastronomic culture, history, and culinary traditions that are so unique to Melbourne. Sit down for a lunch (including beverages), and sample the locals’ picks of coffee and Victorian wine or beer. Ride to the market on the local tram from the riverside starting point, then feel free to explore the location more fully after the tour ends.
This Melbourne food tour changes daily, to ensure you have the best local experience available on the day — no rigid scripting here! But no matter the day, your Urban Adventure promises to give you:
- Rare insight into the history of the city and how the character of Melbourne has developed from your riverside starting point
- A tram ride to South Melbourne so you travel just like the locals
- A sample of South Melbourne's best coffee with a special behind-the-scenes experience
- A tour like no other of Melbourne's oldest market, packed with stories, samples, tastings, and time to explore
- A delicious and wholesome sit-down lunch and drink at a specially chosen local spot
- Views of hidden historical buildings and homes
- A glass of local Victorian wine or beer at a classic South Melbourne icon
- Access to a selection of specially chosen boutiques that showcase local designers and artists
- A locally designed visitor’s gift pack
This tour is designed to start at a time when you can enjoy the market without too many crowds, and finishes with enough time that you can continue to enjoy the suburb's market, cafés, bars, and shops for the afternoon, or, if you’re worn out from all that exploring, for you to head back to your hotel for a rest before the evening. Before you leave, we’ll be sure to arm you with a few #localsknow tips so that you can find your way around and back to your accommodations, and so you can continue to experience the best of Melbourne like a local.
Inclusions: Food and drinks as per itinerary (lunch, tastings, coffee, soft drinks, glass of Victorian wine), a gift.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, tram fare to the market, souvenirs and personal shopping, return transport fare to the city, tips/gratuities for your guide.
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions on the day, and walking shoes. Keep in mind that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable and the tour will run rain, hail, or shine.
Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 8 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select child above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.