Johannesburg Day Tours, with a local
Explore the colourful capital of South Africa with a local guide, from the diverse culture, its turbulent history, and the fascinating daily life of the Joburg locals. From cycling in Johannesburg through the infamous Soweto, to wandering the city by foot, no matter what your preferred means of transport may be, Urban Adventures has got you covered.
Based on 2 user ratings
Length: 7-8 hours From USD 88.69
- Cycle through the streets of colourful, vibrant, and diverse Soweto
- Get a birdseye view of Johannesburg from the top of the Carlton Centre
- Learn about South Africa's history at the Apartheid Museum
- Enjoy a traditional local lunch in Soweto
- Ride down Vilakazi Street and past the sites of the 1976 student uprisings
- Enjoy a drink at a local Soweto shebeen bar
Jozi by Foot
Location: South Africa - Johannesburg
Length: 5-6 hours From USD 64.63
- Discover Johannesburg the best way we know - by foot!
- Admire sweeping views of the city from the top of the Carlton Centre
- See where history and modernity collide in Johannesburg, and learn about the city's turbulent history and vibrant present
- Discover multicultural South Africa in Ghandi Square and admire the architecture lining Main Street Mall
- Experience atmospheric, diverse Newtown precint
- Take in the view and sample some local beer at the SAB World of Beer
21 Feb 2013 I loved. And I'm a terrible cyclist and the guides waited me and were very pacient. They showed us everything and talked about the most important events. Amazing experience.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
Wherever we go in the world, we take a responsible attitude with us. That means travelling in a way which both respects and benefits local people, their culture, their economy, and their environment. Please read on for more information on our Responsible Travel policy and how you can be a responsible traveller for your entire journey.