The Best. Day. Ever. is here with these Toronto tours
The rest of Canada thinks Torontonians think they’re the “Centre of the Universe”, and we just don’t bother to correct them. In many ways, we are the centre of the universe, but not the way you might think. As the most multicultural city in the world, our community is a patchwork of people from all over the place (okay, maybe not all over the universe, but you get our point!).
At Toronto Urban Adventures, we give you the chance to experience a Toronto tour in a way most visitors don’t – on foot and in a small group with a local guide eager to share what they most love about our city (and help you understand our dry, self-deprecating, confident sense of humour). From the city’s most multicultural and historical neighbourhoods to its tastiest beer and love affair with pork, our series of tours of Toronto offer something for everyone (just like Toronto!).
There are always great things to do in Toronto, even if you only have a mere 24 hours in Toronto. Indulge in this great city, and absolutely see it from a local’s perspective. It’s been said before that Toronto really is a local’s city, so your best bet for seeing why locals love it so much is to join us for a memorable and unique Toronto tour – you won’t regret it!
Based on 19 user ratings
Length: 2 hours From USD 28.30
- Experience the sights, sounds, and smells of Toronto’s legendary Chinatown
- Explore the unique, bohemian atmosphere of Kensington Market – one of Toronto’s most famous and eclectic neighbourhoods
- Check out locally-owned and operated eateries, shops, and produce markets
- Walk the hidden lanes and alleys to discover amazing graffiti art
- Keep a tally of all the places you’re going to want to come back to later (trust us)
Beer Makes History Better
Based on 14 user ratings
Length: 3.5 hours From USD 40.56
- Discover some fantastic seasonal and local brews, complete with recommendations from your beer geek tour guide
- Pay a visit to three unique and beloved Toronto pubs
- Meander through the iconic St Lawrence Market, chatting with vendors, admiring the products, and nabbing samples
- Explore the Distillery District, one of Toronto’s most historic and regenerated neighbourhoods
- Learn that beer really does make history better!
Downtown Toronto Highs & Lows
Based on 4 user ratings
Length: 3 hours From USD 37.73
- Discover the tragedies and triumphs that have punctuated Toronto’s history
- Walk down a section of the world's longest street, dwarfed by skyscrapers
- Explore a garden respite amidst the concrete jungle of the Financial District
- Go subterranean and explore the city’s legendary underground PATH system
- Learn more about Toronto's best and worst moments, including tales unbeknownst by many locals
When Pigs Fry
Based on 2 user ratings
Length: 3 hours From USD 55.65
- Become a pork aficionado in the city historically known as “Hogtown”
- Fall in love with some of Toronto’s signature pork creations
- Experience porky bliss when savouring delicious bacon, pork, and sausage
- Visit three cool, unique, pork-loving local restaurants
- Learn about pork quality and sustainable, ethical pig farming at an eminent local butcher shop
28 Nov 2013 This was an excellent tour! My husband and I have lived in Toronto our whole lives but still managed to learn an awful lot from our guide. The pork sampled at all the restaurants was excellent and was a great reflection of our local cuisine. I also appreciated the focus on sustainability and food practices held to the highest standard.
12 Nov 2013 This was an excellent tour! Our tour guide James was really entertaining and easy to listen to. I would recommend this tour more for visitors than for locals; being from the city we found this tour less novel than other Toronto tours we've done. Also, while it was great to have gone underground, I expected given the title of this tour to have been able to go up in a skyscraper. However, this was an excellent your and I have definitely recommended Urban Adventure tours to many of my friends. They are a great way to learn more about the city we live in!
24 Aug 2013 James was amazing. I can't wait to take our next tour the next time we visit Toronto.
31 Jul 2013 Met James at 10 am on a Saturday and gave us a great tour of the local neighborhood and afterward g gave us some local places to eat which were good. Well worth it, great way to see the city.
02 Jul 2013 I was very pleased! I learned about the gritty side of TO which is what I asked for! It was amazing to learn about the underground graffiti scene in Kensington Market! And Jason's local knowledge is fantastic! First time trying butter tart made it a memorable experience.
20 Jun 2013 Mike is a great guide
30 May 2013 Jason led us on a unique adventure through the city that lived up to the name, “When pigs fry”. The tour itself was a delightful trifecta of Toronto’s history, an high-level overview of the neighborhoods, and food (num num num)..
22 May 2013 I live in the city and learned so many things I didn't know! Dave was SUPER awesome.
16 May 2013 This was an excellent tour that gave so much insight to Toronto's history both through events and architecture. As a Toronto-native, I have gained a new appreciation for my city and am able to look at it in a whole new light!
01 May 2013 James was an exceptional guide. Knowledgeable, funny and friendly, I would recommend he and this tour.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
Wherever we go in the world, we take a responsible attitude with us. That means travelling in a way which both respects and benefits local people, their culture, their economy, and their environment. Please read on for more information on our Responsible Travel policy and how you can be a responsible traveller for your entire journey.