At Urban Adventures we recognize that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Personal information and other data we collect
- Urban Adventures collects personal information when you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. Such as:
- Register interest for and/or enter a competition
- Subscribe to our Email newsletter
- Download any printed materials
- Book a trip with us
- Refer a friend to Urban Adventures
- We may combine personal information collected from you at different times to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
- Urban Adventure's servers automatically record information when you visit our website, including the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. This information is used to make improvements to our site and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, including sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your home.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Urban Adventure services.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of Urban Adventures, such as our travel industry partners to better analyse trends and further improve our services.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- Intrepid processes personal information on our servers in the Australia and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
- For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us any time. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
STATEMENT ON COOKIES
By using our website, you agree to our Website Terms & Conditions.
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to buy holidays with us
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
If you receive our email updates, we tailor the information we send you based on the data our cookies have collected from your recent visits to our website. You can opt-out of this in any email we send.
Types of cookies we use
Here are the types of cookies our websites use and some more details about what they’re used for:
These cookies allow us to make sure you get the best possible experience on our website. They’re essential for you to be able to search and buy online with us.
Behavioural Cookies help us provide you with an online experience that’s tailored to your needs. They help us show you the most relevant content, based on your preferences.
These cookies help us understand how our customers are using the website, so we can make things better.
We also monitor which of our marketing activities generates traffic to our websites using cookies. We use this data to reward our partners if you make a booking with us.
Marketing cookies can be used by us and our partners. They allow us to interact with you once you’ve left our website – by showing you adverts for example – to help you find the holiday that’s right for you.
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in our Statement on Cookies.
COOKIES – THE LOWDOWN
Read through this section for all you need to know about what cookies are and how we use them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
Buying our products online
Keeping track of your searches and preferences
Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays are recorded using cookies.
If you’ve searched for a holiday, left our website and then you come back later, the search panel will keep the information you provided before, so you won’t need to fill everything in again.
If you’ve made a shortlist but you haven’t saved it by entering your email address, we’ll store your shortlisted holidays using a cookie, so you’ll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
Improving your experience
We can also find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.
Making your experience personal
When you’re on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalised information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you’re using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what’s most relevant to you.
Receive our email newsletters? We link information from cookies with your email registration details so we can tailor the information we send you – unless you tell us not to. You’ll be given the chance to opt-out on every email we send you.
Adverts on other websites
Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies
Find out more on cookies
Take a look at these websites for more information on cookies:
Information from our agencies and partners
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
Wherever we go in the world, we take a responsible attitude with us. That means travelling in a way which both respects and benefits local people, their culture, their economy, and their environment. Please read on for more information on our Responsible Travel policy and how you can be a responsible traveller for your entire journey.