Sometimes writer, always explorer. You'll often find me drinking wine, dressing up, in a foreign country, eating American food or sitting in a dive bar. Sometimes all five at once.
It’s impossible to ever grow-out of Europe. You may have experienced a flurry of European capitals on a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it, blurry-eyed coach tour in your early 20’s, then perhaps ventured back a few years later for a more adventurous solo trip through The Balkans, and maybe you were invited to your old London flatties’ fancy destination wedding in the foothills of the Dolomites before eventually graduating to week-long city stays, opting for quality over quantity, in chic Airbnbs in favour of budget hostels and overnight buses.
Yet no matter what your reason to venture to Europe is these days, the one thing that keeps travellers coming back for more is the rich, local experiences on offer. Which is why we’ve come up with a pass that’s choc-full of just those. Our new Europe Multi-City Explorer Pass gives you 30 days of unlimited Urban Adventures, across 50 European cities, for one low price.
So, to paint a neo-classic picture for you, we’ve compiled a list of the 30 things everyone should experience in Europe… all of which you can do on an Urban Adventures Europe Multi-City Explorer Pass! 30 days. Unlimited adventures? Let’s go!
- See iconic landmarks – London, UK
- Go shopping– London, UK
- Learn stories of immigration – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Eat the cheese, all of it – Paris, France
- Ditch the crowds and go hiking – San Sebastian, Spain
- Tuck into tapas! – Madrid, Spain
- Check out the street art – Valencia, Spain
- Skip the lines – Mallorca, Spain
- Adventure on two wheels – Lucca, Italy
- Take a cheese-making class – Rome, Italy
- You’ve GOT to get your pop-culture on – Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Get snap-happy on a photography tour – Athens, Greece
- Tour a city by twilight – Athens, Greece
- Be ruined… in the best way – Athens, Greece
- Explore a vineyard – Crete, Greece
- Be healed by nature – Crete, Greece
- Go home… home cooked that is! Istanbul, Turkey
- Savour breakfast with a local – Sofia, Bulgaria
- Go alternative – Bucharest, Romania
- Learn about the history of communism – Brasov, Romania
- Sample local brews – Budapest, Hungary
- Explore a castle – Budapest, Hungary
- Hear secrets from a local – Bratislava, Slovakia
- Take a boat ride on the river – Bratislava, Slovakia
- Enjoy freshly roasted coffee – Vienna, Austria
- Discover local markets – Krakow, Poland
- Admire the architecture – Prague, Czech Republic
- Get political – Berlin, Germany
- Delve into controversial neighbourhoods – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Embrace your inner happiness – Copenhagen, Denmark
And as any steadfast European explorer knows, the best way to connect all these experiences is by train. Which is why we’ve teamed up with our pals at Eurail and World Nomads and are giving you and a friend the chance to win a 30-Day Ultimate Europe Explorer package for two people, valued at $12,000.