Your itinerary will be worked out between yourself and our local experts in Johannesburg. They are extremely knowledgeable and highly resourceful — trust us! Your tour doesn't need to be a walking tour, we have access to vehicles and buses if needs be, so the world is your oyster (or at least Jo’burg and the surrounding area is, in this case!). Whatever you are looking to do that is within our Responsible Travel charter, we can organise it for you.
We offer a wide range of options for your custom Johannesburg tour, such as:
- Get the lowdown on Johannesburg with a personalised sightseeing tour around the city that takes in the sights that you most want to see
- Check out Johannesburg’s nightlife scene with a local guide by your side
- Explore South African food traditions with a tailor-made food tour; meet producers and visit artisan food shops, try our favourite dishes in the best local restaurants or local homes or take part in a cookery class — the choice is yours
- Customise your own private shopping tour, meet the people behind the products and pick up some authentic bargains to take home with you — think funky clothes, textiles, jewellery and lots more!
- Get out of the city for the day and explore nearby attractions such as the Dinokeng Game Reserve
- How about a mix of all of the above? Yes please!
All you need to do to get your bespoke private tour organised is to choose your desired tour date. Use the booking function on this page for this request, and choose the number of passengers in your group. In the additional request box, include any information you think will be helpful in organising your tour. No payment is required to make your initial custom Johannesburg tour inquiry.
As soon as we receive your inquiry (during normal office hours or at the next earliest point), we will contact you by email or, for those who leave a South African phone number, we will give you a call and begin the process to organise your perfect stay in Johannesburg. Then, to secure your desired date and time of the tour, we'll ask for a non-refundable deposit.
Once your itinerary and quote is all confirmed, we will deduct the deposit from the final quote. We can arrange all final payments and terms during the planning stages of your private Johannesburg tour.
Inclusions: We will work with you to include whatever you need in accordance with your wishes and budget.
Exclusions: You'll discuss what will be included in your tour with your local guide. Exclusions will simply be anything outside of the inclusions you've agreed upon.
Dress standard: Depending on your request, we will let you know what to bring and what to wear.
Confirmation of booking: We will be in touch with you by email or phone very shortly after you apply the booking process here, to go through your required tour details and pricing with you. All details and pricing will be worked through with you during that conversation. Nothing is booked before that point.
Additional Information: To secure your desired date and time of tour, we’ll need a non-refundable deposit. Note that the deposit amount will vary depending on the options you select for your private tour. We will discuss this with you once you’ve made your initial inquiry. This deposit will then be deducted from your tour once you come to pay for it in total.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour, depending on the activities chosen. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at a rate to be determined once your tour itinerary is confirmed. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.