Are you an NGO, non-profit or social enterprise looking for a new revenue stream? Our In Focus Program might be the answer!
Urban Adventures’ In Focus experiences are day tours run in partnership with local NGOs, non-profits, and social enterprises tackling real local issues – and are travellers’ access to hearing real stories from real people, who are working to make the world a better place one project at a time.
In Focus experiences vary in each destination, but in every instance, they bring travellers face-to-face with a local issue and a program designed to address that issue. Some examples include a Syrian refugee centre in Istanbul; entrepreneurship training for disadvantaged women in Kathmandu; employment support for formerly homeless people in Bucharest and indigenous cultural preservation in Chile.
In addition to having In Focus tours fully delivered by an external organisation, we also include non-profits and social enterprises into our regular tours, for example food and shopping tours, so if you’re a restaurant, café or shop with a social mission, you’re also invited to join the program!
At the moment there are a few major online platforms that list social impact tours to help connect your organisation with travellers. But at Urban Adventures, we go a step further. Our In Focus program offers not only marketing but full support to NGOs and non-profits that are willing to use tourism as a tool for growing their organisation and to increase their financial sustainability.
Organisations we work with enjoy the following benefits:
- Additional revenue stream
- Increased exposure
- New channels to amplify your organisation’s message
- Organised donor visits
- Introduction to new donors and supporters
- Access to a global network of like-minded people
- Full ongoing support to help you with tour design, pricing, customer service, bookings, sales and promotion of the experiences
Who we are looking for
We are looking for inspiring stories to tell in-situ by the changemakers themselves.
To apply for the In Focus program, your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- Be a verified NGO, non-profit or social enterprise (we follow Social Enterprise UK Guidelines) — this includes but is not limited to restaurants, cafés, shops, tourism social enterprises, environmental organisations, training and skill-building centres, etc.
- Have been successfully operating for a minimum of one year
- Have transparent financial reporting
- Be ready to accept small groups on a daily basis
- No previous experience with tourism is necessary, although might be helpful
- We do not offer any experiences that involve children, as part of our global policy
If you’re interested in joining the program, please apply by submitting this form.
If you meet the formal criteria, you will be contacted by one of our team members to discuss the next steps.
Once accepted, you will be welcomed to the family immediately and we can have you up and welcoming guests to your organisation within a couple of weeks.