San Francisco, USA: Tour Guides
The San Francisco Urban Adventures team is searching for energetic and charismatic people who want to share their love of the city with travelers from all over the world. We are currently seeking individuals for part-time positions as tour guides in San Francisco.
Tour guides will be responsible for leading interactive, theme-based tours that will provide guests with enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses in the Bay Area. Therefore, knowledge and a passion for San Francisco, its history, attractions, food, and culture is a requirement. Experience leading tours of the main tourist areas is a plus as well as knowledge of the local food and beverage scene.
Finally, we believe that the guide is the most important element of our tours so we are looking for people who are personable, passionate, entertaining, and fun, which helps ensure that Urban Adventures’ guests have the Best. Day. Ever. on our tours. We also reward our guides with incentives, travel, and personal development opportunities.
- Be fluent in English
- Be experienced in one or more of the following: tour guiding, acting, public speaking or teaching
- Have experience interacting with diverse groups of people from a wide range of cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about the history and culture of San Francisco and the Bay Area
- Be comfortable with speaking in front of groups of people
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, sense of humor, and friendly personality
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrate good judgment and communication skills
- Be able to commit to giving tours at least three days per week, including weekdays
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Are an experienced tour guide
- Demonstrate verbal fluency in a language other than English (particularly Spanish, German, Mandarin, Italian or Japanese)
- Have food and/or beverage expertise (beer, wine, restaurants, etc.)
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and a short introduction video to firstname.lastname@example.org.