Washington DC, USA: Tour Guide
We are currently seeking individuals for positions as tour guides for our DC office. Tour guides will be responsible for leading interactive, theme-based tours that will provide attendees with enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses of Washington DC. Therefore, knowledge and a passion for DC, its history, attractions, food, and culture is a requirement. Experience leading tours of the main monuments area is a plus as well as knowledge of the local food and beverage scene. Finally, we believe that the guide is the most important element of our tours so we seek people who are personable, passionate, entertaining, and fun, which helps ensure that Urban Adventures’ guests have the time of their lives on our tours. We also reward our guides with incentives, travel, and personal development opportunities.
- Be fluent in English
- Be experienced in one or more of the following: tour guiding, acting, public speaking, or teaching
- Have experience interacting with diverse groups of people from a wide range of cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about the history and culture of the DC Metro area
- Be comfortable with speaking in front of groups of people
- Have a positive 'can-do' attitude, sense of humor, and friendly personality
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrate good judgment and communication skills
- Be able to commit to giving tours at least three days per week, including weekdays
- Have a valid driver’s license and no violations within the last 5 years
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Are an experienced tour guide
- Demonstrate verbal fluency in a language other than English (particularly Spanish, German, Mandarin, Italian or Japanese)
- Have food and/or beverage expertise (beer, wine, restaurants, etc.)
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.